Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day 2008

Today's a special day of the year, a day in which we honor our Moms. I'm always curious how things started and found the history of Mother's Day very interesting. If you're interested, check it out here: Mother's Day in the US

On this day every year I think of my parenting and ask myself if I did well as a Mom. If I look at my four children and evaluate that way, I would say I was a terrific Mom. Of course, the problem with that is that I don't think Mom's are responsible solely for how their children turn out. In fact, I think Moms do influence children, but there are so many other factors involved with how children end up that I think the kind of Mom you have plays a part, but not a huge part.

Anyway, I'm grateful for my four children of whom God allowed me to be their Mother. I'm glad they survived all my mistakes and hopefully used them to make better decisions and to become better adults.

This is a day to celebrate my Mom and to celebrate motherhood. I am a grateful child and a grateful Mom, counting my blessings.
MB


1 comment:

The Lenoxes said...

I think you were and ARE a great mom! Thanks for being real and honest and for loving me!

I've made a lot of mistakes as a mother, so I take great comfort in knowing that God's grace and love for my children far outweigh those mistakes. I have 3 wonderful kids who are finding their ways. Hopefully I'm helping them in the journey more than I'm hindering.

Thanks for being the best mom for me! I love you.

ML