- If you raise your kids right, they'll always follow God.
- If you claim a promise and have faith, God keeps His Word.
- If you're being attacked, rebuke the devil and claim God's presence, and the attacker will flee.
- If I'm a submissive wife, my husband will never leave.
- If my husband leaves, I will claim God's promise that he will return.
- God told me that she will be my wife.
- God promised me that job.
- If the preacher preaches the Word of God and his family is halfway decent, the church will love him and cherish him.
- If I can get another Christian to agree with me, then I know God will give what I ask.
- If I am a good Christian and do everything I think God wants me to, he will always take care of me and mine; I am safe and will not suffer.
- If I pray hard enough and have enough faith, God will heal the one I'm praying for.
- If I have a quiet time in the morning, I will have a good day.
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Guarantees in Scripture
What guarantees do you find in scripture?
Here are some I've heard:
You could probably add many more.
Question: Are each or any of these guaranteed in the scripture?
My thoughts in the next post.